1. Order at School: You can pay by cash or check made out to Warren Central High School. Yearbook staff students will be set up during lunch on Fridays throughout the school year. You can also order from Mrs. Orange in Room 140 at any time.
Yearbooks are the Early Bird Price of $50. You can put $25 down now, and pay $25 when yearbooks arrive! Cost will be $55 After Christmas Break.
Friday, August 17: Faculty Group Picture
Friday, August 24th – 7th Period: Senior Group Picture
Wednesday, September 5, 2018: School Picture Day
Thursday, September 28: Senior Quotes Due (By Fall Break)
Tuesday, October 23, 2018: Retake Picture Day & Last chance for Senior Portraits
Thursday, November 1, 2018: Senior Portraits Due to Mrs. Orange
Friday, November 2, 2018: Club Picture Day
Saturday, December 1, 2018: Advertisements Due (Must be ordered AND paid for)
Course Description: Yearbook is an elective course that provides students with experience in design and print media publishing. This course solely works towards the completion and selling of a large finished product, Warren Central High School’s yearbook. This course covers many of the Content Standards and Objectives encountered in English, Business, Technology and Visual Arts. This course also examines legal and ethical issues of media law and copyright.
● Working with others as a committed Staff Member
● Being involved with events at school
● Writing, Proofreading, Text Layout
● Constructing Page Layouts, Graphic Design
● Digital Photography, Assisting with School Picture Days
● Participate in Yearbook Sales & Advertising
● Proper Care of Technology: Computers & Cameras
● Attend & Be Involved in Staff Meetings: Every Monday in 5th Period
Grading: Student’s grades are based primarily on layouts and project assignments. Layouts will be evaluated based on the development of story, deadlines, and captions. The overall grade in based on the following key concepts:
- Spreads: Our yearbook is directly tied to specific deadlines set by our publisher, which means that any spread that fails to meet a deadline will only be eligible for half credit. Any spread that is not complete by the second class deadline will receive no credit and can be reassigned. Missing a deadline is extremely costly for the yearbook and can severely hurt a student’s grade.
- Participation: Production of the yearbook is a team effort. Without everyone’s participation, we will not be able to produce a quality book on time. Students must be willing to be a team member and work with classmates. Each student will receive a weekly participation grade.
- Sales & Advertising: Money from advertising is a crucial component of the yearbook. Each student will help sell advertisements throughout the course of the school year.
Technology: Students are responsible for saving work in progress and store work and supplies when needed. Cameras are available to rent for photographing events, but must be returned the following morning to Mrs. Orange in the art room, room #140. No personal pictures are allowed. No consumption of food or drink will be tolerated around any technology equipment that will be used. (Please see attached camera use agreement)