Portfolio Requirements: Click Here For Class Rubric
In Progress Presentations = 100 Point Grade
Final Presentation = 200 Point Grade
1. Artist Statement: (25 Points) Introduction to your portfolio: Introduce yourself as an artist. Share how you became an artist, what inspires you. Incorporate artistic vocabulary, artist inspiration, art time periods if necessary.
2. Observational Drawing: 1 Piece (25 Points) Still Life Drawing, Portrait Drawing, Figure Drawing, Partial Figure (Anatomy of Hands, etc.)
3. Non-Objective: 1 Piece (25 Points) Abstract
4. Personal Choice: 2 Pieces (50 Points) Demonstrates your personal interest and artistic style.
5. Outdoor “Scenic” Piece: (25 Points) Landscape, Cityscape, Skyscape, etc.
6. Digital Portfolio: (100 Points for Final Presentation) Images of each piece above with artist statements.
Portfolio Presentation Due Dates:
Friday, February 9 = In Progress Portfolio Presentation 100 Points
Friday, March 9 = In Progress Q3 Portfolio Presentation 100 Points
Friday, April 21 = In Progress Portfolio Presentation 100 Points
Final Portfolio Presentations May 19-23 TBA 200 Points
Advanced Art Syllabus: (Click Here for a PDF of the Syllabus)
Course Description: This course is designed for advanced art students that have successfully completed Art 1-3. Students will work on a continued development of skills and creativity by using different mediums and techniques. By the end of this course, students should have several pieces of distinguished artwork and a completed portfolio.
Maintaining a Sketchbook: This includes observational studies, drawings, research, class notes, pre-planning, and critiques. There will be a sketchbook assignment each week.
Class Participation: Students will be responsible for managing time to complete projects when they are due. There will be a lot of independence in this course, so self-motivation is crucial for success. Students are also responsible for participating in class critiques; offering and receiving constructive feedback for works of art from peers.
Projects: 50%: Our goal is to produce a finished project every week. Each project will be worth 100 points. In addition to turning in the project, a Sketchbook pre-plan and a Rubric must be completed.
Participation: 25%: Students receive a weekly participation grade. This includes classroom behavior, respect, using materials responsibly, and clean-up.
In-Class Work: 25%: Students will receive ongoing sketchbook grades. This also consists of self motivated participation, in-class drawings, project preparation, research, etc.
Materials: Each student will have their own bin in the classroom to keep their materials in. The materials below are required. Students will have access to all materials in the art room, but are welcome (and encouraged) to bring in materials from home.
- Hand held Eraser
- Clorox Wipes (Bleach Free due to Student Allergies)
- Portfolio (Large Folder for Artwork)